At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers, our team has experienced California Uber and Lyft accident attorneys. If you were injured in any kind of rideshare accident, contact us today. Let us handle your claim and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Handling Uber and Lyft Claims Statewide
With 11 offices statewide, we help victims throughout the State of California. We believe that all victims deserve experienced legal representation. That’s why Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers exclusively helps victims.
See why so many others have relied on us when an accident changes their life. We can start your case right away. Talk to our California Uber and Lyft accident lawyers now.
Who do we represent?
- Passengers in the rideshare vehicle
- Passengers in another vehicle
- Other drivers where the rideshare operator is at fault
- Uber/Lyft drivers where someone else is at fault
- Pedestrians and bicyclists
The $1 million insurance guarantee that the rideshare companies advertise can benefit passengers and others who are victims of rideshare accidents. It is our goal to investigate all possible options for your compensation.
About Uber and Lyft Accident Claims
While we hope and expect rideshare services to be safe, the reality is that accidents happen. Victims may be seriously injured. Even people who are not involved in the rideshare service, like a pedestrian or someone in another vehicle, may be a victim.
When an accident occurs, the victim may receive financial compensation. Unfortunately, it isn’t always so simple. The rideshare companies and the insurance representatives can make things complex. They may hope that you don’t know what your case is worth or that you opt for a quick settlement.
Have you been in an Uber or Lyft accident? You can have a consultation with an experienced lawyer.
See how Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers can assist with your claim. Discuss your legal options. Get the help that you need and the compensation that you deserve.
Settlements for Uber and Lyft accidents are a payment to resolve a legal claim for compensation. When you are the rideshare passenger, you are unlikely to have any kind of legal fault for what occurred. Your settlement amount may reflect:
- Medical bills, including immediate and long-term care
- Medical procedures, treatments and supplies
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Travel for medical care
- Lost wages, income and benefits of employment
- Self-employment income
- Property damage
- Emotional anguish and mental injury
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and permanent disability
- Wrongful death damages
Knowing what you ought to receive in compensation is an important first step. However, you must also carefully prove your case and pursue it in the proper channels.
Our experienced lawyers assist you with everything that must be done. We know how to prove damages. We have experience in pursuing the legal aspects of a case and negotiating your settlement.
You focus on your healing while we take care of the rest.
Protecting Victims of Uber and Lyft Accidents
As your lawyers, we protect your legal rights and work for your interests. Here are some ways that we may assist you:
- Preserving the evidence that is immediately available following the accident
- Identifying witnesses
- Investigating who is at fault
- Looking through insurance policies and how to claim compensation
- Determining what your case is worth
- Bringing your case, negotiating your case
- Following the correct procedural steps and creating a legal strategy
- Personalizing our representation to your needs
Every accident is a unique set of circumstances. Each victim is different, with individual suffering, losses and harm. You can expect us to thoroughly understand your situation and your case. Then, we provide the personalized representation that gets results.
Responsibility for an Uber or Lyft Accident in California
The party at fault is responsible for an Uber or Lyft accident in California. The same principles of fault and negligence apply to rideshare drivers that apply to others on the road.
In addition, the rideshare company may provide compensation through their insurance coverage if a party at fault is uninsured or underinsured.
Accidents may occur because of:
- Stopping a vehicle in an unsafe space
- Driving off before all passengers are secured in a vehicle
- Other drivers failing to leave sufficient room for the rideshare vehicle to embark and disembark passengers
- A driver interacting with the app and being distracted
- Careless driving, reckless driving, speeding
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Traffic violations
- Poor vehicle maintenance and mechanical failures
All drivers have a duty of care for others. Negligence may be the basis of a claim. Rideshare drivers are engaged in transportation for hire – their duty of care for their customers is high.
Our lawyers can investigate what occurred and who is at fault.
What to Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident in California
When you’re in an Uber or Lyft accident, do the following:
- If you’re able, move away from traffic to a place of safety
- Report the accident to law enforcement. Summon emergency medical responders, if necessary
- When there is any possibility that you are injured, seek immediate medical attention. Arrange for medical care for anyone else who may be injured
- Get information from the Uber or Lyft driver including their name, driver identification number, license plate, driver’s license number, address and insurance information
- Get the name, vehicle and insurance information for any other drivers involved
- Get names and contact information for witnesses and additional victims
- Avoid posting on social media
- Report the accident to the rideshare company online or through their app. Don’t give them a detailed statement
- Continue to receive medical care. Keep records of your care and associated costs. Always follow doctor’s orders
- Keep records of losses, expenses and damages that have resulted from the accident
- Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible!
Consultations With a Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney Available Now
We offer free consultations with a rideshare accident attorney at Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers. With no-cost consultations and contingency fees, you can always afford our legal services. We will not charge you for representation unless we win your case.
Don’t wait any longer, and don’t face this situation alone. Call or message us today to learn more and get started.