What is CACI No. 400?
In the state of California, CACI No.400 tells jurors what must be proven to establish negligence. You and your Fresno, California motorcycle accident lawyer must prove that the other driver was negligent, you suffered injuries, and the other driver’s negligence was the ‘substantial factor in causing your injuries.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Fresno, California?
Our Fresno motorcycle accident lawyers are well aware of the dangers many motorcycle riders face on our California roadways. We know that you don’t have the same amount of protection around you as other motor vehicles which makes you more vulnerable to serious injuries and even death if you are involved in a California motorcycle accident.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Fresno and throughout California include, but aren’t limited to:
- Distracted Drivers: California drivers who aren’t paying attention to the road and the traffic around them are especially dangerous to motorcycle riders. Every year in California, hundreds of motorcycle riders are killed or injured by distracted drivers.
- Lane Changes that are Unsafe: When a motor vehicle driver changes lanes in an unsafe and/or reckless manner, motorcycle accidents can happen.
- Speeding: Any motor vehicle traveling at a high speed can cause you to be in a serious California motorcycle accident. Speeding makes it harder for drivers to stop, and the higher the speed the greater the impact and the more catastrophic your injuries could be.
- Driving Under the Influence: California drivers who are operating their motor vehicle under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol can cause you to be in a Fresno motorcycle accident that could be fatal.
- Sudden Stops: Rear-end crashes as a result of a sudden stop can cause you to be seriously injured as a motorcycle rider.
- Left-Turn Accidents: It’s estimated that about one-third of all California motorcycle accidents occur because a motor vehicle made a left-hand turn in front of the motorcycle rider.
- Hazardous Road Conditions: Because your motorcycle is smaller than most other motor vehicles, this can make you more vulnerable to going out of control because of defects in California roads such as: potholes, debris, and uneven pavement.
What Damages Can I Collect if I’m Involved in a Fresno, California Motorcycle Accident?
There are many different types of monetary compensation you can recover if you are involved in a California motorcycle accident. They include, but may not be limited to:
- Medical Expenses-Both Past and Future: You can recover medical expenses such as emergency room visits, hospitalization, physical therapy, prescription drugs, in-home nursing, homemaker services.
- Pain and Suffering: The motorcycle accident lawyers at AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer can assist you in recovering damages for you mental and physical pain and anguish after your California motorcycle accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: It could be your Fresno motorcycle accident injuries cause you to not enjoy life as much as you did before your accident.
- Lost Wages: You can receive monetary compensation for the time you are not able to work due to your California motorcycle accident.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: You may be able to receive compensation for you loss of future earning capacity if your motorcycle accident injuries prevent you from returning to work.
- Property Damage: We can assist you in recovering fair market value for your motorcycle and any other property damaged in your Fresno motorcycle accident.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: We can help you receive compensation to help you get back to work if your California motorcycle accident left you disabled.
- Disability Accommodations: If you need to have your home remodeled or your vehicle modified for your disability after your Fresno motorcycle accident, compensation may be available to you to pay for those items.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in my California Motorcycle Accident?
In the state of California, you have two (2) years from the date of the motorcycle accident to file a lawsuit. It may be that your case has to go to trial, so it’s important to contact the Fresno, California motorcycle accident lawyers at AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer as soon as possible after your motorcycle accident.
What Should I Do After My Fresno, California Motorcycle Accident?
The first thing is to seek immediate medical attention for your injuries. After that, there are steps you can take after your California motorcycle accident. They include:
- Call the Police: You must report your California motor vehicle accident to the police if anyone is hurt. Police reports can be especially important if you want to receive monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Collect Driver Information: If you can, collect the names, phone numbers, and driver’s license numbers of any other drivers involved in your California motorcycle accident. The same applies to any witnesses to your accident.
- Don’t Talk to the Insurance Companies: The adjusters for the insurance companies are trained to manipulate you. Leave all communication with the insurance companies to us.
Do I Need a California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
In the aftermath of your Fresno, California motorcycle accident, you will face a lot of challenging decisions. It may be hard for you to deal with your injuries and lost wages.
The experienced Fresno, California motorcycle accident lawyers at AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer can help you set a plan in motion to assist you in your recovery. Having an experienced California motorcycle lawyer by your side to protect your rights can give you peace of mind so you and your family can focus on your recovery.