The injuries and associated losses you sustain in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence can leave you facing an uncertain future, which makes it critical to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled.
The car accident claims process is complex. At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers, one of our experienced Fontana car accident lawyers has the skill, focus, and resources to help you recover fully on your legal damages and regain your health and well-being in the process. Contact our injury lawyers in Fontana to get started with your case.
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
Every car accident claim is unique to the related circumstances, but most fall into several basic categories, and we handle them all.
Rear-end accidents are the most common type of car crash on our roadways, and they are as dangerous as they are destructive. These accidents are often caused by the rear driver’s distraction or excess speed.
Sideswipe accidents tend to happen when a motorist weaves out of their own land and swipes against another motorist’s vehicle in the process. Sideswipes come with the additional risk factor of knocking the car that’s been sideswiped into the adjacent lane of traffic.
T-bone accidents are most common in intersections, and they refer to when one motorist proceeds headlong into the side of another’s vehicle – forming the shape of a T in the course of the accident. Because the sides of our vehicles are less well-protected than their fronts and backs, sideswipe accidents can be especially dangerous.
Head-on collisions are terrifying events that leave the motorists in both vehicles exceptionally vulnerable to serious injuries. Head-on accidents are often caused by impairment, excess speed, and aggression on the part of one of the motorists.
Rollovers are often deadly, and they tend to be triggered by a precipitating event, such as extreme driver negligence that leaves the motorist in the vehicle that rolls over with no safe options.
Our Fontana auto accident lawyers also handle uniquely challenging car accidents like the following:
- Rideshare accidents, including Uber and Lyft
- Rental car accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
About Driver Negligence
Most car accidents are caused by driver negligence in one form or another, including:
- Impairment: Drunk drivers experience cognitive, physical, and sensory impairments that leave them extremely unsafe behind the wheel.
- Exhaustion: Lack of sleep can lead to impairments that are not unlike those experienced by drunk drivers.
- Excess speed: When motorists choose to exceed the posted speed limit or to drive too fast in relation to the condition of the road, it makes our roads more risky for everyone on them.
- Distraction: Distracted drivers fail to pay adequate attention to the road ahead, and as a result, they cause many accidents on our roadways. The most significant distraction by far is texting.
Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
The impact of even a relatively minor car accident can prove dangerous, and some of the injuries that are most commonly associated with car accidents include all the following:
- Broken bones: Broken bones are painful injuries that are slow to heal and can lead to debilitating complications that include chronic pain.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can be caused by an impact to the head, neck, back, or shoulders that causes the brain to slam up against the skull. These injuries can be physically and emotionally devastating.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) can lead to extensive losses in terms of someone’s range of motion, specifically paralysis. SCIs are closely associated with chronic pain.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash, are all too common in car accidents, and they are not only slow to heal but can also lead to chronic pain conditions.
- Burns and cuts: In the course of a car accident, deep cuts and major burn injuries are common, and these injuries are painful and highly susceptible to infections. Further, when on or near the face, they can be permanently disfiguring.
What Should You Do After an Accident in Fontana?
If you’ve suffered an injury as a result of another motorist’s negligence, the situation will be unique to the specifics involved. However, there are steps that every accident victim should take to help protect their health and their car accident claim.
- If you are not offered medical attention at the scene of the accident, get checked out by your doctor as soon as you can do so. Carefully follow their instructions and advice.
- Consult with a dedicated Fontana car accident lawyer, who will help guide your claim toward a favorable resolution.
- Allow your attorney to interact with the insurance company on your behalf and give social media a pass while your claim is pending. You can count on the insurance company to twist your words.
What If a Car Accident Is Partially My Fault?
In California, you can seek compensation for the percentage of fault the other driver is responsible for – regardless of whether or not you share fault.
Consider the following example:
- A drunk driver T-bones your vehicle in an intersection.
- The fact that you were traveling faster than the speed limit at the time leaves you with 10 percent of the fault.
- As such, the drunk driver is assigned 90 percent of fault in the accident.
- If you experienced $100,000 in physical, financial, and emotional losses, you could seek compensation for the $90,000 – or 90 percent of $100,000 – in damages that the drunk driver is responsible for in your car accident claim.
Need an Experienced Fontana Car Accident Lawyer? Contact Us Today.
At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers, you and your case are important to us. Our Fontana car crash lawyers are committed to your case’s best possible resolution by using our years of legal expertise. We are on your side. Get started by contacting us online or by phone at 888-970-5729 for more information today.
Car Accident Case FAQs
What if I share responsibility for a car accident?
In California, you can seek the percentage of compensation that the other driver is responsible for.
Can I proceed without a car accident attorney?
You owe it to yourself and your claim to work closely with a practiced car accident attorney.
Is there a statute of limitations for car accidents in Fontana?
Yes, you have only two years from the date of your injury-causing car accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.