If you were hit by a car, you need the California pedestrian accident lawyers of Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers. We only represent victims, and we take your case seriously. Protect your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
Lawyers for Pedestrian Accidents in California
A pedestrian accident victim faces serious physical injury and mental suffering. They may be unable to work, and medical bills can pile up quickly.
Legal representation can help you get a monetary payment for what has happened to you.
Our lawyers know how to bring your claim, working for an amount that fairly reflects your losses. To talk about your situation and start your case today, ask for a consultation from our California pedestrian accident lawyers.
Start your case today. Ask for a no-obligation consultation about your situation.
Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Victims
If you were hit by a car because of someone else’s negligence, recklessness or intentional conduct, you may receive pedestrian accident compensation. Usually, this is the vehicle driver committing a traffic error.
If the accident was not your fault, there is a good chance that you have a legal claim.
You might think that accidents are simply accidents – that they don’t qualify for compensation. That isn’t true.
Under California law, the party who causes an accident must pay for it. It isn’t fair that innocent victims should suffer the losses on their own. You may seek compensation if a pedestrian accident is the result of wrongful conduct, including driving carelessly or violating a traffic law.
Examples of Causes and Liability for Pedestrian Accidents
Here are some reasons another party may be at fault for a pedestrian accident:
- Trying to make a turn when a pedestrian is crossing in a crosswalk
- Ignoring a stop sign or light to blow through an intersection, when a person on-foot is present
- Driving too close to the shoulder or sidewalk when there are people there
- Hitting the gas instead of the brakes and driving up on the sidewalk
- Improper backing up or maneuvering in a parking lot
- Not stopping for a pedestrian crosswalk when required
- Failing to pay attention when driving in areas with crowds
- Brake failures, not having working headlights, other mechanical issues
- Intentional harm, assault and battery, homicide and attempted homicide
Pedestrian accidents may have underlying causes like drunk driving, texting while driving or driving while fatigued. Our lawyers investigate what happened and determine where legal fault may exist for you to claim compensation.
What Is My Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Pedestrian accident victims are often severely injured. Even at a low speed, being hit by a car can be devastating. Victims may experience:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury, concussion
- Soft tissue damage
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injury, paralysis
- Burns, scars and disfigurement
- PTSD, anxiety and depression
Physical and mental injuries can devastate your ability to work. The value of your case depends on your economic and non-economic losses. The strength of the legal claim and insurance policies available to satisfy a judgment can influence the amount of compensation you receive.
Types of compensation
You may claim compensation for:
- Costs for medical care, evaluation, treatment and supplies
- Travel for medical treatment and care
- Property damage
- Lost wages, benefits, long-term earning potential
- Costs of household care and domestic services
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scars and permanent bodily disfigurement
- Lifestyle damage from physical and mental limitations
While you hope to recover quickly from a pedestrian accident, healing may take significant time. You suffer financially, emotionally and physically. Compensation should account for all losses.
As California pedestrian accident lawyers, we understand what makes up the value of a case. When we speak with victims, they are often surprised to learn what their case may be worth.
It’s important to build a case effectively. Our experienced lawyers understand the importance of the entire process. We represent you throughout the entire case.
Lawyers Serving Pedestrian Accident Victims Throughout California
Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers has one mission – to advocate for accident victims. We handle cases throughout California.
Here’s how we advocate for you when we handle your case:
We start by listening to your story. We investigate what happened, who may have legal liability, and what your case may be worth.
It’s not enough to have a great case – you must prove your case. Our team knows what you need to prove and what evidence to gather. We take care of it for you.
Once we’ve investigated and built your case, we evaluate your options. We craft a custom legal strategy.
Count on us to handle important legal steps like drafting legal documents and filing your claim. There are many procedural steps in a case. We know the details that make the difference.
It may be appropriate to negotiate a settlement. A good settlement is the result of strategy and negotiating skills. Our experienced team is ready to advocate for you.
Trial, hearings, and appeals
If your case proceeds to a trial or an appeal, we speak on your behalf. We advocate for you each step of the way.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
Here are some reasons people choose our pedestrian accident lawyers:
- Cases handled statewide – We take cases throughout California. With 11 offices throughout the state, wherever you need us, we can represent you
- Proudly representing residents and visitors to California
- Experienced lawyers who can handle complex and detailed claims, including catastrophic injury or contested fault
- Consultations at no cost and with no obligation
- Representation with no cost for services unless you receive compensation. We use contingency fees!
- A friendly team that communicates throughout your case
- Personalized representation for your situation