A California workers’ compensation lawyer from Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers can help you if you’re hurt on the job. We represent people at all stages of a workers’ compensation case.
Get the benefits you deserve when you’re injured at work. Contact us today.
Lawyers Handling Workers’ Compensation Cases in California
We represent injured workers throughout California. Here are some situations where you need a workers’ compensation lawyer:
- I’m not sure how to report my work injury or if I reported it correctly.
- They’re saying I don’t qualify for benefits.
- I’m wondering what benefits I should be receiving.
- The benefits I’ve received are not what I was expecting.
- I need to have a hearing to resolve a dispute.
The workers’ compensation system only works if you know three things:
- What you should receive in compensation,
- How to receive it, and
- What to do if you’re not getting the benefits you deserve.
As your lawyers, we work to ensure that you receive the benefits payable to you under California workers’ compensation laws. We follow the appropriate steps, even taking your case to a hearing if necessary.
Our team investigates your case. We identify what issues may arise. We challenge things that may stand in your way.
To talk to a lawyer and start your case, contact our California workers’ compensation lawyers for a consultation.
Things to Know About Workers’ Compensation in California
- Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. Proving employer fault is not required.
- You may be covered as an employee, even if your employer calls you an independent contractor.
- Injuries in single events may be covered, but injuries from repeated tasks or multiple exposures at work can be covered, too.
- The claims administrator must accept or deny the claim in a reasonable amount of time. If more than 90 days pass after you report your injury, it usually means the claim is accepted.
- There is a process to request a hearing if you disagree with your determination of benefits.
- An experienced workers’ comp lawyer at Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers in California can represent you.
California Workers’ Compensation Benefits
How does workers’ compensation work in California?
Workers’ compensation works in California to provide employees fast access to benefits when they are injured on the job. A traditional legal claim isn’t required. A victim may claim compensation when they are injured in their employment.
What workers’ compensation benefits can a person receive in California?
California law allows these types of workers’ compensation benefits:
- Medical care: Your employer must pay for medical care to treat your injury including doctor visits, supplies, equipment and treatment. Travel costs may be reimbursed.
- Temporary disability: Payments to replace your income if injuries prevent you from earning what you made before.
- Permanent disability: Compensates you for permanent injury, physically and mentally.
- Job retraining: A supplemental benefit to help you return to work and enhance job skills.
- Death benefits: Payable to survivors if a work injury causes a fatality.
An injured worker may claim the benefits that are applicable in their case. Just like injuries vary, medical care needs are different in each situation. The extent to which an injured person can work depends on the nature of both their job duties and their limitations. Our lawyers explore all categories of benefits and the types of compensation you should receive within those categories.
My employer fired or disciplined me because I filed for benefits. What can I do?
It is illegal for an employer to fire or punish someone because they file for workers’ compensation. It’s also illegal to penalize co-workers who testify about the case.
Some employers think that terminating the injured employee gets them out of paying benefits. That isn’t true. If your employer has retaliated against you, contact us to see how we can help.
Experienced Workers’ Comp Lawyers Serving California
There are approximately 19 million people in the California workforce. There were 463 fatal occupational injuries in California in 2020. Thousands more suffer on-the-job injuries each year.
Victims are all adult ages, working in both management and non-managerial positions. They work in service occupations, construction, farming, sales, the trades, transportation and other fields.
At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers, we know how important it is to serve workers in California. We help people throughout the state. With 11 offices statewide, we have a law office near you.
See how we assist people who are hurt on the job and their families. Learn about your situation and how we can help you, too.
Do I Need a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
When you’re hurt at work, your ability to earn a living may be in jeopardy. Paying for medical care on your own can quickly get expensive. Plus, it isn’t fair. You have the right to the benefits you deserve under the law.
However, you may not know what you deserve. The insurance companies often try to minimize payments and simply hope you’ll give up. Your claim is so important. Having a legal professional gives you an advocate to know what to do and what benefits you’re fighting for. We guide you through what you need to do to preserve your benefits and avoid mistakes that can prevent you from receiving all you should for your injury.
What to Do If You’re Hurt at Work
If you’re hurt at work, get emergency medical treatment, if necessary. Tell your employer. They must give you DWC 1, the workers’ compensation form.
Read the information. Fill out the form. Be sure to be complete and provide enough details. Give the form to your employer as soon as possible.
Afterward, continue to receive your medical care and follow doctor’s orders.
Contact a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Now
For a free consultation with a California workers’ compensation lawyer, contact Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers. We are always happy to talk with injured workers about whatever issues and questions they have.
For more information and to start today, call or message us now. We look forward to serving you.