Call a leading California truck accident lawyer — call Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers. We can help when an accident involving a truck changes your life.
See what you may deserve in compensation. Find out what your case is worth and how you can receive a settlement or award.
Call or send us a message to talk about your case and begin.
Lawyers for Truck Accidents in California
If you have been hurt, or if you have lost a family member from a truck accident, contact us. We are experienced, skilled, compassionate and ready to seek justice for you. We take cases throughout California.
Types of Cases We Handle
Semi-truck and 18-wheelers
Crashes involving semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are especially harmful because of the heavy weight of the vehicle. A passenger car is much smaller by comparison. Our lawyers go further to understand the full extent of your losses including non-economic damages and suffering.
Truck accidents often involve CDL holders and commercial drivers. An employer or trucking company may have legal liability. Let our team explore all opportunities for you to collect your compensation.
Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Commercial trucks must be maintained. There are required vehicle components, mandatory inspections and maintenance that must be performed when required. When inadequate maintenance causes or contributes to a crash, we investigate and document what occurred.
Questions of fault and legal liability
The trucking company usually doesn’t admit their fault. Our lawyers understand what amounts to legal fault. We investigate on your behalf.
Catastrophic injury and complex damages
It’s common for a truck accident victim to need significant time to heal. The medical treatment process can take years. When you have catastrophic injuries that need long-term care, your legal claim and compensation should reflect the severity of your injuries and suffering.
Questions of causation
Trucking companies try to minimize claims in any way that they can. It’s common for them to deny that your injuries are the result of the crash. As part of our representation, we can assist you to prove causation.
Complex civil procedure and legal issues
Because they involve large dollar amounts, truck accident claims can quickly become legally complex. We understand the procedural requirements and legal technicalities that are critical to making your claim a success.
Settlements and trials
Each case should have a legal strategy for the specific issues and questions present in the case. We pursue case resolutions through both settlements and trials. It’s always our goal to build a strong case and give you the information you need to guide you through the process.
About Attorney Jeff Car Accident Lawyer
Attorney Jeff Fayngor founded Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers to be the voice for victims throughout the state of California. It is his personal passion to be the driving force for injury victims including people hurt in truck accidents.
Here are some highlights of how we serve truck accident victims:
- Cases handled throughout California with 11 offices throughout the state
- Representation for people injured in trucking accidents
- Compassionate legal representation with clear communication
- Understanding of the technical issues involved when trucks are involved like their design and how a truck may react in a crash
- Thorough knowledge of legal procedure and how to gather evidence and pursue your case
- An award-winning team with numerous honors for past success on behalf of our valued clients
- Contingency fee agreements so you don’t have to worry about how to pay for a lawyer
Our California truck accident lawyers help victims achieve the results they deserve. It isn’t easy to handle a truck accident case on your own. We know how important it is that you get compensation.
When you contact us, we’ll explore your legal goals, talk about your rights and see how we can help you. We are currently taking new cases.
Representing California Truck Accident Victims
There are 13.7 million light and heavy-duty trucks registered in California. Large trucks are involved in 9% of fatal vehicle crashes but they are only 4% of all registered vehicles on the roads. In other words, large trucks can be dangerous and deadly for Californians.
Truck crashes occur on California’s freeways, highways, state and local roads. They involve occupants of passenger vehicles, people traveling on foot and people near the roads. For the thousands of people hurt each year, the harm is immeasurable. These victims and their families need skilled legal representation.
Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers understands the needs that these victims have. That is why we represent clients throughout California. To see how we can help you, contact our team.
Causes of Trucking Accidents in California
Common causes of trucking accidents are:
- Careless driving, including speeding and not allowing sufficient following distance for the truck to stop
- Excessive weight and poor balance of the items being hauled; poorly securing the load in the vehicle
- Not maintaining the truck including working brakes, lights, mirrors and other vital components
- Driver inexperience, lack of skill and poor training
- The trucking company failing to conduct a proper background check; failing to monitor its employees and not removing an unqualified driver
- Road conditions and obstructions on the road
- Driving for too many hours without a break; driver fatigue
- Drunk driving; driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Being medically unfit to drive a truck
The causes of a truck accident may not be known immediately. We investigate and pursue your rights.
Do I qualify for a truck accident claim?
Truck accident compensation claims in California are based on legal fault. All drivers have a duty of care and caution on the road based on a reasonable person standard. The duty applies to truckers and trucking companies, too.
Negligence, like a traffic violation, or more serious misconduct, can be grounds for a victim to qualify for a truck accident claim.
Truck Accident Case Consultations Available Now
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, we know what’s challenging you and we want you to have the monetary payment you deserve.
Your case starts with a consultation with our California truck accident lawyers. Call or send us a message now to discuss your case. There is no obligation. See how we can help you today.