The California wrongful death lawyers of Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers represent survivors of fatal accidents. If you have lost a loved one, you may receive financial compensation.
The process to get compensation is known as bringing a wrongful death claim. Our lawyers across California can represent you.
Contact us today to talk about your case and begin.
Lawyers Handling Wrongful Death Claims in California
No one should have to go through losing a family member because of someone else’s negligence or wrongful act. You are grieving the loss of your loved one. Then, you have the added stress of worrying about your finances and your future.
We are California lawyers who exclusively represent families in handling wrongful death claims. At Attorney Jeff Car Accident Lawyer, we are an experienced legal team that will fiercely pursue your compensation and work to get you results. With full-service legal representation and personalized service, we take care of everything.
We can begin assisting you immediately. Call or message us today for your free consultation.
Understanding Wrongful Death Claims
Wrongful death is a personal injury that results in death. When a person loses their life because of the wrongful, negligent or intentional acts of another, qualifying survivors may bring a legal claim for compensation.
Who can file a wrongful death claim?
You may file a wrongful death claim as the:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Grandchild, if the child of the victim is deceased
- Intestate heirs if no other survivors (parents or siblings)
- Legal guardians, if victim’s parents are deceased
- Others dependent on the victim like a putative spouse, children of a putative spouse, stepchildren or parents
- A minor residing in the victim’s household for at least 180 days at the time of the victim’s death, if 50% or more financially dependent on the victim
Any of these survivors may initiate the claim. The personal representative may also initiate the claim on their behalf.
What is the purpose of a wrongful death claim?
The primary purpose of a wrongful death claim is for victims to receive financial compensation for the loss of their loved one. The compensation acknowledges the wrongful act that occurred, the financial impact of losing a loved one and the grief and sorrow that survivors endure.
Why Choose Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers?
Here are some reasons to choose Attorney Jeff Car Accident Lawyer as your California wrongful death lawyers:
- A track record of success for our valued clients
- Cases handled throughout California
- 11 offices to meet your needs
- Residents and visitors to California represented
- Settlements and trials pursued, so each case is handled in your unique interests
- Contingency fees so you don’t have to worry about paying for a lawyer
- Consultations are free, with no obligation
- Friendly team members who communicate throughout the case
- An award-winning team that is compassionate to the needs of our clients
When you lose a loved one because of the actions of others, you need an experienced legal team that will carefully and thoroughly handle your case. That’s what you can expect from the team at Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers.
Get to know us and see how we can help you by contacting us for your free consultation.
How Can a Lawyer Help With Wrongful Death?
Determining who is responsible
We know the standards for legal liability. We look at all parties who may be responsible.
Knowing what your case is worth
You need justice. With our team, you claim what is allowed under law.
Preparing legal documents
We prepare legal paperwork at all stages in the case. We know how to make your case complete.
Negotiating a settlement
Many claims are resolved through settlement. Getting a fair settlement takes careful negotiation. Count on us to know what to do.
Trying your case
If it’s appropriate to take your case to trial, we’re ready. We present a compelling case.
Advocating for you
Throughout the case, you need an advocate and a guide. We provide information and appreciate your questions.
California Wrongful Death Laws and Compensation
California Code of Civil Procedure § 377.60 is the California wrongful death law. In addition, a survival action may be appropriate under CCP § 337.30. A survivor action provides compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and other expenses before death.
What compensation can you receive for wrongful death?
Compensation for a wrongful death claim may include:
- Financial support the victim would have contributed to the family during their life or the life of the plaintiffs
- Losses of gifts or benefits from the victim
- Funeral and burial costs
- Household services provided by the victim
- Loss of love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society and moral support
- Loss of sexual relationship
- Loss of parental training and guidance
Future economic damages are reduced to present value. Plaintiffs must present detailed evidence of their losses and the appropriate amount of compensation.
Our lawyers carefully prepare proof of your damages as part of our full representation in your case.
Examples of Wrongful Death Claims
Do you have a wrongful death case? Types of common wrongful death claims include:
- Car accidents
- Truck, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls, falling objects
- Defective products
- Dangerous property conditions
- Poisoning, harmful chemical exposure
- Animal attacks
- Fires and explosions
- Medical malpractice
- Intentional homicide, assault and battery, gun violence
These are just some examples, as there are many situations that may be grounds for a claim. The primary question is why the death occurred and who is legally responsible.
The best way to know if you have a wrongful death claim is to contact our lawyers for a consultation. Our consultations are free with no obligation.
Talk to a Wrongful Death Lawyer in California Today
At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers, we know how important this is to you. Let our California wrongful death lawyers take it from here. We have helped people in similar situations, and we want to help you, too.
Consultations are available with no cost and no obligation. You can talk to a lawyer today. We will answer your questions and explain your rights.
Call or message us now. We can get started right away.