Getting out on foot is a great way to enjoy Fontana’s weather and natural beauty, but it also leaves you vulnerable to injury if you are involved in an accident with a vehicle. Far too many motorists fail to accommodate pedestrians in their midst safely.
Pedestrian accidents are some of the deadliest out there. If a motorist’s negligence leaves you or a loved one injured as a pedestrian, reach out for the skilled legal guidance of an experienced Fontana pedestrian accident lawyer today. Contact Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers to discuss your case today with an experienced personal injury attorney in Fontana.
How Pedestrian Accidents Happen in Fontana
Pedestrian accidents in Fontana are often the result of driver negligence, which can take a range of very dangerous forms, including:
- General recklessness, in which a motorist fails to take the necessary precautions in relation to pedestrians
- Failure to follow the traffic laws generally, including failure to check for pedestrians, failure to yield the right of way in accordance with the law, and more
- Failure to look when backing out of parking spaces or driveways
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving too fast to respond to pedestrians safely
Your dedicated Fontana pedestrian accident lawyer has the legal skill and insight to get to the bottom of how a motorist was negligent in your case.
Typical Injuries from Pedestrian Accidents
The direct impact with a vehicle in pedestrian accidents tends to cause severe, catastrophic injuries. Consider the following common examples:
- Burns, cuts, and lacerations
- Broken bones, including compound fractures
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Limb loss and injuries that require amputation
- Traumatic brain injuries that can be life-altering
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding
Regardless of the kind of injuries you’ve sustained, a seasoned Fontana pedestrian accident attorney can help.
Compensation Available for Injured Pedestrians
As a pedestrian who has suffered an injury by a motorist’s negligence, the physical, financial, and emotional losses you experience can be profound. In your pedestrian accident claim, you can seek compensation in several primary categories.
Your medical expenses can stretch far into the future, and this category of loss should address costs related to the following:
- Emergency treatment and emergency transportation
- Surgical care and aftercare
- Treatment and care from doctors, medical specialists, and therapists
- Prescription medications
- Pain management
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Medical tests and procedures
- Home health care
- Adaptive medical devices and physical adaptations to car and home
The longer you’re off the job, the more expansive the category of loss that includes your lost income will be. If you’re unable to return to your line of work, unable to continue growing your career at the same level, or unable to work at all, this category of loss can be significant.
Pain and suffering
The physical and emotional pain and suffering endured as a result of being injured in a pedestrian accident can be difficult to overstate. This suffering can serve as a roadblock that interferes with other areas of your recovery.
It’s important not to underestimate the significance of any category of your losses, and this is a job that’s best left in the capable hands of your pedestrian accident attorney.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Help?
Because recovering to the fullest extent possible is paramount to your future after an accident, so is an experienced lawyer in your corner.
In fact, your lawyer will handle all the following primary concerns on your behalf:
- Helping you navigate the claims process; making the right decisions for yourself along the way
- Gathering all the available evidence, including eyewitness testimony, physical evidence at the scene, videos and dash cam footage, the police report, and more
- Hiring witnesses with expertise in subjects that relate to your accident or specific injuries
- Hiring accident recreation models that illustrate the mechanics of your accident
- Handling the communication with the insurance company – which is all too interested in obtaining a statement from you that it can manipulate to its own purposes
- Addressing every category of loss you experience in settlement negotiations
- Preparing to file a lawsuit against the insurance company and to litigate the matter in court
Protect Your Rights After a Pedestrian Accident — Contact Us Today
At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers in Fontana, our distinguished pedestrian accident lawyers are committed to advocating for your rights and your claim’s best possible resolution. We want to help pave the way toward your fullest recovery, and our experienced legal team is well-positioned to help you do just that. Please contact us online or call us at 888-970-5729 today.
Pedestrian Accident Case FAQs
Do I really need an attorney to file a claim?
To fully recover compensation for your losses, having skilled legal guidance on your side is the surest path forward.
Can I afford a pedestrian accident attorney?
The additional expense of hiring an attorney in the face of your full range of physical, financial, and emotional losses can strike you as overwhelming, but it needn’t. Most reputable pedestrian accident attorneys are paid on contingency, which means your attorney won’t get paid unless your claim prevails with a settlement or court award.
How long do I have to file?
The statute of limitations for filing pedestrian accident lawsuits in California refers to the applicable time limit. You have only two years from the date of your injury-causing pedestrian accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault motorist.