Getting outside and exercising in Van Nuys as a pedestrian is enjoyable, but there are negligent drivers out there that can leave you vulnerable.
When you’re on-foot, you have absolutely nothing to protect you from the impact of even a relatively minor collision with a vehicle. If you’ve suffered an injury as a pedestrian from a motorist’s carelessness, don’t wait to discuss the matter with an experienced Van Nuys pedestrian accident lawyer. Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers can help you or your family initiate a pedestrian accident claim and start the path to recovery. Our injury attorneys in Van Nuys are standing by right now to assist you.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
Pedestrians stand little chance against the negligence of motorists in their heavy vehicles. Most pedestrian accidents occur where pedestrians and traffic are most likely to converge – in intersections.
Some of the primary reasons behind life-threatening pedestrian accidents are when motorists:
- Fail to obey traffic lights
- Fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Are too distracted to notice and safely accommodate pedestrians in their midst
- Drive over the speed limit and can’t react in time
- Are impaired
- Are fatigued
- Fail to provide pedestrians with the safety buffer they require
Ultimately, driver negligence is often the cause of pedestrian accidents, and if you or someone you love has been injured, it’s time to consult with a dedicated Van Nuys pedestrian accident lawyer now.
Injuries Suffered in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians are at-risk for serious injury even when a vehicle strikes them at a low speed. Injuries to pedestrians range from:
- Broken bones, which are slow to heal and are closely associated with physical limitations
- Limb loss and injuries that require amputation
- Spinal cord injuries that include all varieties of paralysis
- Concussions and other forms of TBIs, which have unpredictable effects to the victim
- Soft-tissue injuries, including muscle sprains and whiplash
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding, which can quickly become life-threatening
- Cuts that can lead to infections and can be permanently disfiguring
Every injury’s medical and emotional toll should be accounted for in a pedestrian accident claim, and it’s the job of our attorneys to gather them for you.
Damages Available for Victims to Claim
If a driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a pedestrian accident, the physical, financial, and emotional losses you experience can be very difficult to overcome. Such losses fall into basic groupings.
Your medical bills
The serious injuries you sustain can lead to considerable medical bills in the here and now, but they can also extend far into your future. Accurately assessing your ongoing medical needs can be elemental to your ability to recover to the fullest degree possible.
Your lost income
While you’re recovering from your injuries, you can face considerable financial losses in relation to your earnings on the job. If your earning potential is changed, or the course of your career is altered, these are consequences that can be compensated for. It’s important to note that losses related to your career can also include a strong emotional component.
Your pain and suffering
The emotional toll that being injured in a pedestrian accident has on you can be difficult to overstate. Enduring this level of anguish and physical pain can lead to long-term emotional effects.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Van Nuys Help?
Having a respected pedestrian accident lawyer on your side can help in important ways that include:
- Ensuring that you understand the pedestrian claims process and that you avoid some of the pitfalls that are most likely to trip up claimants.
- Compiling all the evidence in your claim, including physical evidence from the accident scene, eyewitness testimony, expert testimony, the police report, videos, and dashcam footage depicting the accident and beyond.
- Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf, ensuring that you don’t have to.
- Advocating tirelessly for a fair settlement with the insurance company that justly addresses every category of loss you experience, in its entirety.
- If the insurance company is not motivated to engage in fair negotiations, your attorney will be prepared to file a lawsuit and to fight for your rights in court.
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in Van Nuys? Contact Us Today
At Attorney Jeff Injury Lawyers, our Van Nuys legal team has experience guiding pedestrian accident claims toward beneficial outcomes. We understand how challenging your situation is for you and your family and have the experience and knowledge to handle your case from start to finish. Protecting your rights is paramount, so please don’t put off reaching out online or by phone at 888-970-5729 for more information about what we can do for you today.
Pedestrian Accident Case FAQs
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In the State of California, there is a statute of limitations for personal injury claims like pedestrian accidents. The time limit is only two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
How important is it to have an attorney?
Having a pedestrian accident attorney in your corner can make a significant difference in your ability to recover on your full range of losses.
How can I afford an attorney?
You don’t need to worry about how you’ll afford your attorney – most work on contingency. This means that you won’t owe a thing until your claim has been successfully resolved or has received a court award.