Who Could Be Liable for a Fresno, California Truck Accident?
Any violation of state and/or Federal regulations and guidelines may not be the only factors we use to establish liability in your California truck accident case. In addition, there could be many parties who could be held liable. They include:
- Truck Driver: Often, it is the truck driver who is responsible for your California truck accident. Drivers could be distracted, tired, under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, or in violation of their hours-of-service rules.
- Truck Company: Commercial trucking companies in the state of California are required to follow all state and federal regulations. A truck company could be liable for your Fresno truck accident if they hired and/or retained unqualified drivers.
- Truck Manufacturers: The truck could have had one of many defects that caused your Fresno truck accident, and it may be possible to hold the manufacturer of the truck or part supplier responsible for your injures.
- Shipping Company: The company that shipped or loaded the goods into the truck could be liable for your Fresno truck accident if the load wasn’t properly secured, or if the cargo was loaded improperly.
Because of the many possible parties that may be liable for the injuries you suffered in your Fresno, California truck accident, it’s important that you contact the experienced truck accident lawyers at AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer as soon as possible so we can get to work and protect your rights.
What If I Was Partially Responsible for my Fresno, California Truck Accident?
If you were partially responsible for your California truck accident, you may still be able to recover financial compensation. In the state of California, you can recover some compensation as long as you were not 100% at fault for your Fresno truck accident. Your settlement award will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if a California judge or jury finds that you were 25% at fault for your Fresno, California truck accident, you will receive $75% of the amount of your damages award.
What is the Time Limit to File A Truck Accident Lawsuit in California?
California, the statute of limitations, which is the time limit you have to file a claim in your Fresno truck accident is two (2) years. This means you must file your claim within two years of the date of your injury. With the exception of extremely limited circumstances, if you don’t file your claim for your Fresno truck accident within two years, you are forever barred from filing a claim and recovering damages.
Because of the strict time limit in which to file a claim for the injuries and damages you suffered from your Fresno, California truck accident, it’s imperative that you contact a California truck accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover for My Fresno, California Truck Accident?
The amount of compensation you might be able to recover after your California truck accident depends on the facts of your individual case. Some of the factors that can determine the amount of compensation you can receive in your Fresno truck accident include, but aren’t limited to:
- How severe your injuries are
- If you can establish that the truck driver or other party was at fault
- The number of your medical expenses
- If you have missed time from work as a result of your California truck accident
- The amount of future pain and suffering you are most likely to endure
- How much your lifestyle has changed because of your California truck accident
To find out how much compensation you may be able to recover after your Fresno, California truck accident, contact the knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced truck accident lawyers at AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer.
What Evidence Can I Use in a California Truck Accident?
At the Fresno law offices of AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer, we will investigate your case to determine who is liable for your California truck accident. Evidence can come from many sources such as:
- Black Box – the black box shuts off after 30 days so it if vital to obtain this evidence as soon as possible.
- Video Footage – Some commercial trucks in California are equipped with video cameras, or a local business’ or traffic cams may have captured video of your California truck accident
- Company Records – Company records such as driver qualifications, maintenance and inspection records.
- Witness Statements – Witness statements can assist us in determining what happened in your Fresno, California truck accident.
- Police Report
- Your Medical Records for your Injuries
- Photographs from the Scene
Do I Need a California Car Accident Lawyer for my California Truck Accident?
In the aftermath of your Fresno, California truck accident, you will face a lot of challenging decisions. It may be hard for you to deal with your injuries and lost wages.
The experienced Fresno, California truck accident lawyers at AttorneyJeff Car Accident Lawyer can help you set a plan in motion to assist you in your recovery. Having an experienced California truck accident lawyer by your side to protect your rights can give you peace of mind so you and your family can focus on your recovery.